2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011 Ate Mais Aracati


Dear World,

Well I´ve got news... I´ve been transferred again! I´m not really sure if I´m happy or sad because I really like Aracatí, but I was starting to get sick of some of the people we have to work with. I get the impression that this new area might be tough. This transfer Elder D. Silva and I managed to get 14 baptisms in our zone which was the most in the mission, so I think Pres. Jackson is sending me to a zone that isn´t baptizing much to lift it up a bit, let´s try right?

This week was pretty good. We did a division with Riviera Paulista and I stayed with Elder Nunes. It was great! He is a district leader with a ton of potential, he just gets really soft with his investigators so he hasn´t be baptizing much. I´ve been pushing him and pushing him to go the extra mile and to get tough and I think he learned a bit with me. I learned a lot with him.

We also had an integration activity on Friday that was awesome. We had potato (wow forgot how to spell this word) sack races and a bunch of awesome games. The turn out was a little low but by the end everything was awesome!

The big highlight of the week was the baptism of Aline! It had to be Sunday morning because Robson (her husband) had to work Saturday and he needed to baptize her. SO we filled up the baptismal font Saturday night and slept in the house of the elders that live close to the church. Then we got up at 5:00 am to heat the water, watching sunrise in the Chapel. Everything was perfect! We sang 'Grandios Es Tu' ('Then Sings My Soul') which is her favorite hymn. She was crying the whole time and was confirmed the same day. She is going to be stronger than her husband for sure!

Anyway, I know I don´t have much to say. I´m kind of lost in my thoughts right now because of the transfer. We´re going to Rodizio right now to celebrate. Meat will do me good. :)

Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment