2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011 Here Comes the Bride

Dear Everybody,

Hey world! Wow, one more transfer is almost over. Time flies when you´re super busy all the time. I am going really well and am the happiest I´ve been on my mission so far. Area, companion, everything is going well. This week our Zone passed our monthly baptismal goal of 12. Right now we have 13 with 3 more firm baptisms scheduled for next week, which is really good. The next closest zone has 7. The mission is going through a down period and hasn´t been baptizing much so it´s exciting to be breaking the barrier. If we get these 3 baptisms we´ll reach the pattern of excellence! Elder D. Silva and I are finally seeing the fruits of all our hard work with the missionaries here in Guarapiranga and we are going to complete our area goal of 2 baptisms this week!

Sunday we received a huge blessing. It´s been a struggle to work with our Leader of Missionary Work in our ward because he works so much that he doesn´t really have time to help us. This week he was released from his calling and Irmão Valderi was called! Valderi is an ex-bishop and is super excited about the work. He has already made visits with us 2 times and did a family home evening for our investigators.

Monday was interesting because we took Valderi to Carla and Oliveira´s house. We had a baptism marked for this weekend but when we showed up at their house Carla was drunk. It´s been a while since we followed up about the commandments so they got a bit weak and fell through. But everything is going to work out. They have a really strong desire to join the Church, obviously they have some things to work out but everything should be good for the 18th of June. And even though we didn´t baptism them this week we helped them fulfill another important step, Marriage! They got married Saturday! It was all so fast and we didn´t really manage to organize anything (which turned into a ton of drama with some of the members of the ward) but it was all good in the end. They did invite us to the family party at night so we went and guess what? They were both drunk this time! haha! Some of the members keep saying that they won´t be baptized but I feel like they will. Even though she was drunk, Carla gave a speech at the party about how much we´ve done for them and how much they need us still.

Our amazing investigator is Aline! She is ready for baptism and she will be baptized Sunday morning, really early... She and her husband do family home evening just the two of them every week and she is in the stake choir already. We´re going to do family home evening with them tonight.

We did a division with the Assistants this week too. I stayed in Aracatí with Elder E. Silva (Elder D. Silva´s old companion). It was great! He is an incredible missionary and he´ll be going home next week. During the division I lost our cellphone. We were sitting on the bus and it fell out of my pocket. By the time we got to a phone to call it to see if a good person had found it we realized a bad person had because it was already turned off. I had to pay for a new one.

I am dirt poor right now. We had a change in our accounting system that screwed everything up! I even had a little bit of money saved up for emergencies but when we switched the system they put tons of money on everyone´s account so the next day they emptied out everyone's account. Most of the missionaries (including me) were put into the negative so when more money was put on the account I only got a little bit of money. Right now I have to use my personal card because I don´t have anymore money. Don´t trust the mission secretaries!

Anyway that´s all I got for now. I hope everyone is fine. Love you all and I know that miracles are real.

Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment