2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011 I Don't Remember Much



Hey World!

Wow I don´t remember much from this week. Really it passed by so fast! Ah, but today is special, I made 11 months! Here in one month I´ll be half way, can you believe it?

Anyway earlier in the week we did an exchange with Chacara Santana again. I stayed with Elder Pinheiro. It was fine. He is kind of a control freak so he was trying to tell me how to run my area a bit but it was fine.

We had Zone Conference this Friday. It was our last one with Pres. Jackson. It was great. He talked about becoming instruments in the Lord´s hands. We had a ton of practices too. In the end we took the normal pic with everyone and they rolled out a bit cake. It was Pres. and Sister Jackson´s 30th anniversary. It was great and they were way cute. I think all the missionaries got a little trunky seeing a couple being all touchy feely! haha!

We had an incredible experience with our investigator Aline this week. We were teaching her and her member husband and she stopped us and told us she received an answer. She was reading the Law of Chastity pamphlet (how that brought the Spirit I don´t know) and started to pray. She said she felt something in her chest that she can´t describe and couldn´t open her eyes for a while because it felt so good. She had already felt this way when her husband took her to see the temple the first time. It was funny, she said, "Is that place like really special or something?" haha! Uh, yeah it is! He husband only has a few weeks back in the church because he was less active but the Bishop said that he can baptize her. I can´t wait for the 29th!

Now for a kind of crummy experience. This weekend is the wedding of our investigators Oliveira and Karla. We were planning on having the baptism on the same day but last time we went there we got a surprise. We were passing by so we knocked on their door and she answered and said we shouldn´t enter. We said whatever it was didn´t matter and went in. She was drinking beer with her friend. The visit was way awkward and she was totally disgraced. In the end we´ll have to postpone the baptism a while. At least we know why they were nervous about baptism and we can help them.

This transfer is coming to an end really quickly and our zone is going to fly. Our goal is 12 baptisms by the end of the month and we already have 6 with a bunch planned. We can have 16 if everything goes right. We have to set the example for the zone and get our 2 baptisms. One down and the other is already in the water so let´s do this! Elder D. Silva and I will be splitting up here in 2 weeks and at least one of us will be transferred, I´ve learned a ton with him. I Love Aracatí! Time is going by so fast!

Love you all,
Elder Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment