2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Horses in the Street--October 25, 2010

Well hi there!

Another week has come and gone so quickly. And what an exciting week it was!

I´ll start with District Meeting. So we were all waiting for our interviews when a brasilian woman came into the church from the street looking for an American. I of course was the first person she found so she started talking to me about how she is being chased down by the government and needed someone to get in touch with the FBI to save her. It was so weird! Crazy lady!

E. Pereira has been sick for the past week or so. Every morning he can´t get out of bed because he has a pain in his stomach so I´ve been studying alone for a while. The problem is he is allergic to everything so he can´t take any medicine! He doesn´t want a blessing either so it´s tough to have patience.

Nila´s granddaughter has asked me to baptize her. We´ve marked her for the first week of November. She is way smart and nice so it´s an honor to be asked.

There are a bunch of random horses that live in our area. It´s wierd because we have no open land so I have no idea where they live. They are just in the street all day. I have a funny picture but of course this LAN house doesn´t let you load photos.

We´ve been working with a less active named Shirley. She is so nice and has a really strong testimony but she left the church because of her visiting teacher. Attention members: Don´t be stupid! haha

A girl in Cocaia also asked me to baptize her. I´ve taught her about 3 times. Her name is Giselle. She only wants me because I´m the only American in the district.

Nila is a flippin missionary. She goes out trackting everyday now!

We baptized Valeria this week! and I did it! haha it was awesome, my first! The only bad part was that I forgot to bring extra clothes so for the rest of the night I was walking around wet. Haha it was great though. I was way nervous but I didn´t mess time, first time did the trick!

We had a meeting with our Bishop and talked to him about all the problems in our area. He is way good. He has already started working on things! It´s so nice to finally have someone in the ward that helps us!

Well that´s my week! Talk to you all next week!

Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment