2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010 Katia's Baptism and Rainforest Adventure!

Hey Folks!

Well it´s me again and another week has come and gone. I marked four months on the mission on Saturday! How crazy is that!?! It´s hard to believe that it´s already been that long.

This week flew by because we had a baptism so the entire week was scheduled around preparing Katia. We had already taught her everything so we just needed to keep her motivated and excited. Her family is having some problems right now so we were really worried that she would quit but she kept at it.

The day of the baptism was fun. We went to the chapel and while the font was filling we made a cake for her (well E. Pereira wouldn´t really let me do anything so he made the cake and got to lick the bowl). It was SO ugly! haha a big pink mess! But it tasted really good. We got a ton of people to the baptisimal meeting and Katia had a bunch of family there too. All went well!

I didn´t baptize her because she drew names out of a hat and E. Pereira got it, but next week I will be baptizing Katia´s sister Valeria. It´s really exciting for me because they were the first people I visited when I arrived in the field. I didn´t think they would ever progress then. It´s amazing to see how the Gospel can change people.

I don´t remember much else of last week because 1) I got zero sleep last night and 2) I didn´t have a chance to review my journal like I usually do.

Today we had an awesome district activity. We went to an island just outside our area called Bororé. It has very few inhabitants and is covered in rainforest. We hiked around for a while and it was raining. I got some awesome pics that I´ll send your way soon. Everyone kept saying, "Now this is Brasil!" It was way fun!

Anyway I don´t have much else that I can think of at the moment so I hope your week was as good as mine. Don´t forget to write! Love you all!

Elder MacLane Taggart

--

"Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction" - JFK
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be DIFFERENT." - Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment