2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010 The Beat Goes On

Hey Everyone!

First, big news! Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming to our mission on the 28th! I guess he´s going to be taking a tour of the mission and then we´re going to have a mission-wide fireside with him. Should be awesome!

Alright so the past week... The mission is definitely sending me new challenges as I go so it´s always an adventure. The past week was pretty stressful but there are always those great things that makes it all better.

We started teaching some new investigators and they have been great so far. We found a family! Dad, Mom, and Kid! Seriously perfect. Rongerio is the dad and he is firefighter, he takes the Book of Mormon with him to work and reads when they aren´t out. Leidi is his wife and she is awesome. She is going to be starting the job courses the Church offers downtown. Their son is Leonardo and he prays everyday, at one of our visits Rongerio told us Leonardo calls him and reminds him to pray everyday! Take note that we´ve been teaching them for a week. We also started teaching a Rimunda, a little old lady. During our first visit she asked if she could be baptized! Hello? So things are good on the new people front.

Nila is still being a rockstar. She gave us about 20 references this week and they are all pretty golden. She has a table set up now in her sew shop now with pass-along cards for people. She thinks I love grape soda so everytime we go over there she opens a new bottle and we all drink it while we talk.

I did a short division in Cocaia again on Thursday and most of the people we taught we contacts I made while I spent the week there a while back. That made me feel good. I also ate pig ear and nose during the division without knowing it. They didn´t tell me till after. It wasn´t bad...

We had a random gorgeous day this week. Seriously the nicest day of the mission so far! It was a nice break for the rain that we´ve been having everyday. It is really cold right now down here.

We finally got a new Bishop after a month without one! He´s a really cool guy so let´s hope he is willing to help us in the work. The ward had huge attendence the day he was called, which just shows hot big the less active rate is.

And the worst part of the week was definitely yesterday. Yolanda was marked for baptism this week but she has been dodging us for the past couple weeks. She started sending her daughter to the door to tell us she wasn´t home. Earlier this week we had a family night planned with her and we had a ton of people coming and she canceled 10 minutes before it was supposed to start. Then yesterday we tried to talk to her and she wouldn´t answer the door. My comp rang the doorbell about 10 times (stupid!) and Yolanda came to the door and started yelling at us, unfortunatley I understood. She told us not to come back and that we weren´t welcome in her home anymore. I´m pretty shell-shocked from it. She was so good a few weeks ago. E. Pereira keeps telling me to get used to it.

Well I hate to end on a sour note but that´s the most recent news. A tough week but I´m surviving and there is always a reason to smile.

Til next time,
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment