2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010 Apostle Power!

Hey Everyone!

This last week was pretty interesting, difficult but good.

Something for people to try: read 3 Nephi 8 next time there is a thunderstorm. We did that with Rondinelli last week and it was so cool! It´s the chapter after Christ died when everything is going to... well, you know.

Right now we´re teaching Larissa, Nila´s granddaughter. She is so awesome and smart. She really wants me to baptize her and this is the last week of the transfer so she is marked for this Saturday. I don´t know what´s going to happen. Her mom is really concerned that it´s too soon and I´m concerned that she only wants to be baptized because she has a crush on me. haha! But seriously...

Elder Dallin H. Oaks visited our mission! It was awesome. The whole mission was there for his talk. I was way suprised because whenever he talks during conference he is so stern and cold but he was so funny! He said love is the whole purpose of the plan and in order to be an effective tool we have to be healthy and usable. After he did a Q & A with missionaries. One of the questions was about humility and he said that pride is a lifelong struggle that he has been trying to overcome for his entire life and he still hasn´t. It was so good!

Also, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! The brasilians have halloween but it is not big at all. I dressed up as one of the 'men in black' cause there is only so much you can do with a suit. I got a great package full of candy too! Who needs trick or treat when you´ve got my folks?

Right now E. Pereira and I are planning a suprise party for an Elder in our district because today is his birthday. E. Pereira is with his companion right now baking a cake for him and he´s with me so I have to keep him entertained all day. We´re going to a member´s house to watch church movies and have lunch, yeah that´s fun for missionaries.

Anyway, those are some of the highlights of the week, hope you enjoyed them! Love you all! Don´t forget to write me everyonce in a while!

Tchau!
Elder MacLane Winsor Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment