2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010 Transfer Confusion


Hey everyone!

My second transfer just ended! There was so much confusion about the transfer. I was told 3 weeks ago that I was being transfered, then 2 weeks ago we were told the area was being closed, then Pres. Jackson redid the entire thing last week so no one knew what was going on. The secretaries are supposed to call and tell the missionaries what is going on but we got no call last night so we assumed we were both staying, then we got up this morning and we had 8 missed calls from the assistants. E. Periera called them back and they told him he was called as a zone leader and that he was being transferred. Then we called the secretaries to ask why they didn´t call us last night and what was happening with me and they told us that E. Pereira was called as the new district leader and that he was staying. So we called the assistants again and they confirmed that what the secretaries said was the truth. In the end this is what´s happening, E. Pereira and I are staying together and he is the new district leader.

This week was great because we baptized Larissa! It was such a close call. Earlier in the week her mom told us that it was too early and that she wouldn´t let her this week. Two days later she completely changed her attitude and said we could move forward. We decided to bake cakes for the baptism so we stayed close to our house and make them in a members house and asked our ward mission leader to fill the font. After we made the cakes we realized we had no way of getting them to the chapel so we carried them the whole way walking and it was about to rain the whole time but we made it! Then we looked at the font and it was only up to my knees. The baptism was so complicated! I had to do it 4 times on account of the water level! But HURRAH!

We had a really cool unity activity in district meeting this week. We all sat in a circle and each person laid on the next persons knees while keeping our feet on the floor. Then they took the chairs out from under us and we all had to hold eachother up! It was so fun!

We started teaching a set of twins this week, Denis and Derrick. They were street contacts and they are really good. Their dad had really severe cancer and their mom spends her days helping him. She has already heard the missionaries as a kid and it seems like she is really wanting our help and the gospel. Derrick and Denis are 16, Derrick is engaged already and she lives with them so we´re going to have to get them married. Denis came to church already and he already knew most of the young men so things are going quite swimmingly right now with this new family.

Well, that´s pretty much all I´ve got for this week. Sorry I haven´t send any pics in a while. Something happened to my memory card and i haven´t figured out how to get my photos on the computer, especially at the LAN house. Love you all! Send some love my way and pray for me, I need it!

Tchau! Até proximo semana!

Elder MacLane Winsor Taggart

--

"Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction" - JFK
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be DIFFERENT." - Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment