2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012 Wide Open Spaces

Dear Everyone,


Well last week I was transferred and one of my mission dreams has come true! I´m in the city of Itapetininga as zone leader of the interior! I am about 4 hours outside of São Paulo, in a beautiful city surrounded by wide open spaces, blue skies, and fresh air! This is exactly what I needed. The city is called 'the city of schools' because it is full of old schools and tons of classic architecture.


It was an adventure to get here. I was with Elder Hullinger who was also transferred to the interior. We had to grab a bus, two trains, and then a 'greyhound' style buss, all with 4 full size suitcases! haha! The journey was about six hours. We were met by Sister Neptune and Sister Dacol and then my comp showed up.


My new comp is Elder Shettell from American Fork. He is way fun and has a little more than a year on the mission. He gave me a wonderful welcome to the area present: 3 baptisms! We baptized a family on Saturday, no really a complete family, dad Alaor, mom Silvia and daughter Jessica.


The work here (as far as I can tell) is a lot different. The church isn´t as well established and is districts and branches instead of a stake and wards. The zone is more than 2x the size of all the other 12 zones put together! Missionaries tend to get a little slow out here but Elder Shettel and I have already started what we call 'Projeto Acorda-Se!'.


Anyway, I really like it here and will probably finish my mission out here so I´m excited. This week was way busy and I don´t really have any stories yet. Next week I´ll tell you more about the people and everything. Love you all!


Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment