2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012 Just When Things Were Getting Good

My Dear Friends and Family,


Well this week was very good. We are working very hard to create a new teaching group so we are visiting a ton of people and it´s a little unclear who will end up progressing right now.


I found out yesterday that I was transferred. I will be leaving Itapecerica da Serra tomorrow and have been called to be a zone leader again. These past few months have been incredible. I am so grateful for all that I have learned here and the opportunity I had to train Elder D. Monteiro. He is an awesome missionary and example to me. When we got here we found out that we were either going to make or break the area aka if we didn´t do well the president was going to close the area for good. Through a positive attitude and a lot of hard work we were able to gain the confidence of the members. The started participating in the work and with some truly inspired changes in the ward leadership, the ward is now a fully functioning missionary machine. Wednesdays and Fridays the chapel is open for soccer. Every other Thursday is ward family home evening (which was huge this week). Every Saturday there is an activity in the chapel of rotating organizations. Every month there will be Sunday night devotionals. And they are planning to visit ALL the less active members every trimestre (which they did last night and was a huge success). And it goes from there. I´m glad to know that any missionary can come to this area and have success now.


I´m kind of nervous about the transfer but I remember the hymn "I´ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord..." I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! The Church is true!


Elder MacLane W. Taggart



--

No comments:

Post a Comment