2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012 Feliz da Vida

Hey World,


Well this week came and went and was really awesome! We had a ton of success and finished the week with two baptisms! Jeferson and Bruno both entered into the waters and followed the example of Jesus Christ being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was one of the most gratifying of my mission.


After the baptism, Jeferson´s mom Edivania, who will be baptized in the near future, came up to us and said, "You two deserve congratulations. Many missionaries have passed by and tried to help my son and none of them even budged him. You two worked a miracle! Thank you so much!" Can you imagine how good that felt to hear? haha!


Bruno is the first of a big family that we are working with to be baptized. His mom Silvana would have been baptized also but she didn´t pass the interview because of a difficult situation with her ex husband. Bruno is a really good kid who needs a lot of help and direction. Now he has the support of the entire ward. They are already trying to help him get back into school and the new bishop has already talked to him about receiving the Priesthood. Silvana will be baptized in a few weeks. At the baptism everyone was joking about the water being cold and she said, "When I get baptized you need to heat the water up alright?" She is a wonderful lady also who is battling to make her life better. She introduced us to her other kids this week and all of them need to get married... oh great. haha!


I also had a really good opportunity to help out one of my friends this week. Elder D. Monteiro had to go to the doctor again so I went and spent the day in the air conditioned mission office. Elder J. Oliveira is currently being kept close to the president because of some problems he´s having. I was his first zone leader and he trusts a lot in me. I asked to go to the supermarket with him and took the opportunity to talk to him and help him out. He opened up and I was able to help him understand some things about the mission a little bit better.


Well today marks the 3 month countdown to THE END. (Wow, while I wrote that a my eyes watered up.) I love being a missionary so much. I am so grateful for the 7/8ths of my mission so far and I´m glad I can stay a little bit longer. I have never felt so good and so close to my lord and savior Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much so far and has been able to mold me into a more excellent person. I am simply content with my life right now.


Love you all and hope you all have an excellent week. I give you all permission to buy a cake on Friday to celebrate my birthday. The best part is that you won´t even have to share it with me! haha! More cake for you!


Elder MacLane W. Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment