2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012 New Beginnings in Itapetininga

Dear Everyone,


Well my second week in the interior has passed and I am discovering that it is a whole new ball game out here. The culture, the people, and even the missionaries are different, but these new challenges will teach me new lessons.


We were preparing Levi for baptism this week but unfortunately things fell apart. He demanded that God give him a job that he wanted and if he didn´t get it he wouldn´t baptism. He didn´t get the job and basically told us that he has already been saved because he accepted Jesus in his heart and that he didn´t want to be baptized. He wanted us to keep going there as friends but that won´t help us in any way so he´s out of the picture now.


We also lost our hopes with Beatriz. She´s the daughter of a less active couple in the branch who was marked for baptism. Her parents were on neither side of the fence so we did an extremely powerful lesson about the Plan of Salvation. At the end of the lesson it was very clear that they would have to choose to go back to church or not and they told us that they are not interested in any kind of future commitment, even if they means they won´t have an eternal family.


We are working with a really crazy lady named Sandra who is marked for baptism with her children for later in the month. She is insane! She just sits there and gives us a crazy looks while we teach and when she prays it looks like she is storing up energy to send some sort of beam at us after the amen. Haha! But she faithfully goes to church and fulfils commitments. The only thing we need to work on now is helping her make friends in the ward because she is super antisocial.


We are searching high and low for the elects in the area and have made some good plans so we´ll see what fruits this next week brings.


I am loving my new companion Elder Shettell. We are getting along really well and our teaching is getting better every day. We laugh and have a really good time in the work. I like working with people who find joy in the work. It´s hard when they don´t really care and are negative. We are both working hard and the blessings are starting to come.


This week we spent a lot of time in the Sisters´ area because of General Conference. We did an exposition in front of the bus station with the district between the sessions on Saturday. It was so cool! We had a bunch of missionaries and a table full of materials to give to people. We talked to a lot of people and found some really interested people. Even a few families that live in our area! Yeah! I loved General Conference. Even the part where Elder Holland burned me a bunch! It´s crazy to think that this was my last conference on the mission and that I´ll be going home in two month. It´s sad but at the same time I feel like if I just keep working my best til the end, everything will work out.


Well I love you all! I hope everyone is well.


Com Amor,
Elder MacLane W. Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment