2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012 Here I Am Again

Well world,

Here I am again! One week older and wiser too. haha! Anyway this week was awesome! We have been working so hard!

Tuesday we had interviews with Pres. Pinho. He basically told me that I had a few weeks to fix this zone. So after that we got running and things are already getting better! We are spending a lot to time with the missionaries here in the zone and they are getting happier and more excited every day.

We had a miracle happen with our investigator Sandra. I don´t know exactly what happened but all of a sudden she got super firm for baptism. She´s been investigating the church since she was a teenager a few decades and six kids later she still hasn´t taken that step of faith. This week she told us and she couldn´t keep denying what she already knows is true and that she will be baptized on Sunday. Two of her sons will be baptized with her and the next Saturday another one of her sons and a daughter will be baptized also. All I know is that some sort of holy ghost magic happened and I couldn´t be happier about it :)

We also started teaching a super elect couple named Paulo and Janaina! They are newlyweds and neighbors of our recent converts. Janaina went to a family home evening at their house and at the end she said, "I heard your church does baptisms for the dead. Can I baptize my mom?" haha! We told her that we would visit her and her husband to explain more. When we visited them she had made a cake! She was a little embarrased because the cake didn´t turn out well and her husband was trying to make her feel better by joking around with her. It was exactly how I want my marriage to be. (I still have 2 months left, I can´t be thinking about these things! Ah!) We taught them about the doctrine of Christ and marked them to be baptized in May.

Anyway that is all there is for this week. Love you all!
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment