2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 Ray of Sunshine

Well World,

This was a really good week. Even with the rain things are looking good. Unfortunately I´m using the worste computer in the LAN house and will have to very short on words this week.

Tuesday our mission had the priveledge of receiving the visit of Elder M. Russel Ballard. Apostle! It was such and incredibel meeting. It´s incredible to see how simple he is. A truly humble servant of the Lord. With some questions he just said, "I don´t know Elder, you have to ask the Lord." And the love he showed for his wife also was impressive. I enjoyed the meeting alot. He talked about how the mission is the only time in our lives that we will be able to truly represent Jesus Christ and that we should show our love for him in everything and in every moment. He also said that instead of complaining about the problems in our areas we need to be the solutions.

I also had to get my toe worked on this week. After stubbing it last week and breaking the nail, it turned into a big swollen, ingrown thing that needed to get fixed. The foot doctor was suprized I was even managing to stand up let alone walk all day. He did a really good job and though it was painful I felt better immediately after the treatment. It´s still an ugly little thing but it´s getting better.

Ray was baptized on Saturday and it was incredible. A ton of members came and the rain stopped right before the baptism started. After 2 weeks of straight rain, the sun came bursting through the clouds and there was a beautiful blue sky. It was awesome. After the confirmation on Sunday he grabbed and hugged us on the pulpit. All the members liked that. Ray still has a long way to go but has already changed a lot. It will be really interesting to see what he´s like in 5 years.

Well, like I said, short on words. Bye!
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment