2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012 Where's the Water

Well folks,



One more week has come and gone. I have exactly 4 months until I´ll be back in SLC, scary!



Anyway I mentioned last week that it was raining alot. Well this week has been the opposite. It is so HOT! I have never sweated so much in my life. To add to it our neighborhood is without water. Compicated but managable.



Monday we had an awesome district activity. A sister in our ward wanted to make lunch for us and it was a banquet! Incredible foot and after the lunch we played around in her garden. Elder Lemes, an old friend of mine, accidentely lost one of her pet birds and we spent a good hour looking around in the trees to find it. We didn´t have much luck.



Unfortunately Alexsandra told us Monday that she is not going to be baptized for now. Her whole family was putting pressure on her and her boyfriend (who does not have the best intentions) basically told her he´d break up with her if she baptized. As much as we tried to help her make the right choice she ended up quitting. I was really sad but that´s just the way it is sometimes. At least we have more time to work with more people now.



We are working with a bunch of people right now. We have a less active family that we are trying to reactivate that has 4 children that need to be baptized and they are way open. We visited them with a counselor in the bishoprick and the primary president that was a huge success. They are way excited. We also have a woman named Viviane who is going well. She is very frank and is loving our visits. We also have Monica who is a recovering drug addict who is now ready to live the gospel. She is very kind but lacks confidence so we are going to build her up a bunch.



Saturday was interesting. I don´t know if I´ve mentioned this but Elder Monteiro has a health problem called cron syndrom which is a digestive problem that can be really dangerous. He had to go to the hospital this Saturday to take his medicine which is a 3 to 4 hour process. I had to stay in the mission office and help out there. He ended up finishing so late that we had to sleep at the office. Sunday morning we had to leave at 6 to get to our area in time for church.



Today we had a zone barbeque in Embu. It was way fun! There were transfers this week so we all got to say goodbyes and talk about how fun this last transfer was. And eat a bunch of meat! haha!



Well that´s all for now,



Elder Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment