2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 16, 2012 Rain, Rain, Go Away

Dear Everyone,


Well, one more week down. I can´t believe the transfer is already half over. Time goes by so fast it scares me. This week in São Paulo it rained everyday and continues. I prefer rain to sun though.


Our investigators are going so well! Gleice is super excited for her baptism this Sunday. We´re going there with the bishop today and she will be interviewed later this week. She has been waiting for this for five years! It´s exciting!


Ray is our other miracle. He just keeps getting better and better. We left the Word of Wisdom pamphlet with him and when we went back he had already stopped drinking coffee. We went to a stake activity with him Saturday and on the way home he was asking us questions about when he could recieve the priesthood and what happens when the prophet dies. He is so good! He gave an amazing prayer this week that made me cry. He said, "Thank you God for the priveledge of having your servants in my home to teach me the true gospel." I love being a missionary!!!


We also had interviews with Pres. Pinho this week. He told me that I need to get the area ready for a new missionary because he might call me as a zone leader again. He also talked to me about preparing to go home because I told him I was kind of scared. He said you have to make plans or you might get lost.


I did an exchange this week with the Elders in Itapecerica 2. I had the chance to get to know Elder Viana better. He had to sacrifice a lot to serve a mission. He was a professional soccer player before leaving on the mission and he gave it all up. He was making a ton of money and was getting pretty famous in his city and put it all away to serve the Lord. That´s someone who knows the importance of serving a mission.


I had a super spiritual experience this week! We were planning at night for the next day and we were praying to finish up the day and we asked in the prayer to let us know if we needed to change anything. I felt really stronging that we needed to change our plans in the morning but I didn´t know what to do. When I got up the morning I knew the exact street that we needed to go to and that their was a family waiting for us. So we changed the plans and went knocking doors. At the end of the street we found a family of seven that let us in and they accepted the invitation to be baptized! Go Holy Ghost!


It´s exciting to be here in Itapecerica 1 because lots of big changes are happening. Last year only five people were baptized here and the whole ward was way down, but now everyone has the missionary spirit and we are recieving tons of referrals and people are coming back that were less active. I´m hoping to be able to open up the back wall of the sacrament hall next week! It´s so cool to see how awesome the Gospel is! I love it!


Well I gotta go! We are going to the temple this week so we have to work normally today. Oh and just so you all know, I will be meeting Elder M. Russell Ballard next week. He´s visiting our mission. Jealous? haha!


See ya!
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment