2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, January 23, 2012

February 23, 2012 The Most Anticipated Baptism Ever

Hey World!



Well this week was a very busy roller coaster. I learned a lot about perseverance (sp?).



Monday was a normal work day because we went to the temple this week so P-day was on Wednesday. We got to visit a man who is really interested named Danilo. He is 25 years old and we went to give him the Book of Mormon. We gave it to him and he got all teary eyed and said, "You guys are the only ones who remembered my birthday!" It was so perfect.



Tuesday we had District Meeting and I gave a truly inspired training. I was studying about how the Holy Ghost works in people for conversion and read D&C 50 and says when you teach by the spirit and people receive by the spirit it creates light that builds upon itself. Right then I looked up and noticed the light bulb and thought about how it was such a perfect representation. Inside the light bulb are two metal wires joined in the middle by the conductive material that burns to make light. My training talked about how we need to make sure our preparation allows the energy to flow through us and how we need to teach people with desire so that the energy can flow through them and create light when the Holy Ghost testifies! It was awesome!



Wednesday was great! We went to the temple and had an awesome session, followed by and awesome churrasco session! Meat! And at night was Gleice´s baptismal interview that she passed without a doubt. Gleice is probably the most anticipated baptism ever. She has be faithfully attending church for almost 6 years now and could never be baptized because her deadbeat husband didn´t want to marry her. New Year’s came around and she decided that it was more important to have a commitment with God than with a man that didn´t even want to marry her, so she kicked him out and we marked the baptism.



Thursday was kind of frustrating. Elder D. Monteiro had new missionary training that went all day and then at night I had to go do a baptismal interview super far away. We get to the house and the woman was drinking coffee! We wasted the whole night! I got really mad and realized how far I still have to go in the patience area.



Friday was a day that really tested our faith. All of our visits fell through and no one was home. We had nothing to do and it was raining. At one point I thought, "Let´s just got to the Bishop´s house and eat something." I had a really strong impression that God was testing our faith and right when we started walking toward the Bishop I got the impression that there was someone on the street we needed to find. We walked a little bit and I knocked on a house. A little boy appeared behind us and said "My friend lives here but he´s not home Elder." The kid is a member of the ward that we had never met and we asked him if he knew anyone on the street. He said my sister isn´t a member and she´s home right now. So we went. Her name is Monica and she recently separated from her husband and is looking for a church. She really likes the LDS church but is a little confused because of her other family members who go to other churches. It was an incredible experience.



Saturday we found a huge family that we are going to start teaching this week. There are about 20 people that live there. Should be interesting.



Sunday morning was Gleice's baptism. The whole ward we there! There we multiple musical numbers that the members prepared and everyone was crying. It was awesome! One of the best baptisms ever! The ward is really starting to have more confidence in us and we are receiving many referrals and a ton of members want to do visits with us. I love being a missionary!



Elder Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment