2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28,2011 Giving Thanks

Well everyone, how are you?


Wow that was a pretty interesting week. Seemed to go by a bit slower than normal but that´s alright.


So our baptisms fell through. Vitor is still going well he just needs a week more to get a little more excited so he´ll be a sure thing this week (I hope). Artur also didn´t get baptized, funny story. His mom has been a little nervous that things were going too quickly and said she´d let him but that she thought he needed more time. Then we taught him that you shouldn´t worship idols (catholic family) and in the middle of the lesson his mom came home and he grabbed one of the saints they had on the wall and tore it up and threw the pieces in her face. So... he needs a little more time to prepare.


Other than them we are really just working to find LOTS of new people. Our plan: The Snowball Effect. We have marked days during the week with all the recent converts for them to invited their friends over and meet us. The idea is that every recent convert turns into two more baptisms and those two baptisms turn into four and so on. They all seemed excited about it so lets cross our fingers and pray.


So Thanksgiving was great. I was on a division with Elder Brady (a huge football player from ogden) and he was determined to eat a ton. So the last family we visited that night made us bologne sandwiches (I´ve actually com to love bologne now) and then when we were walking home we ordered pizza. Not just one, but two. With a huge bottle of Coke! It was so fun but let´s just say I didn´t sleep very well.


Seeing how the holiday passed I feel like I should share some of the things I´m thankful for: Coca-Cola (haha), brasilian bakeries, missionary moms, real moms (and dads), and really good shoe insoles. But the thing of greatest worth that I have in my life is the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is real and I know that he lives and loves me. It is an honor and a priviledge to be here in the Lord´s vineyard. That is what I am most grateful for.


Elder Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment