2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011 Home Improvement

Hey Everyone!

Well this was an awesome week! I would send you all pics but none of the LAN houses let you send pics anymore.

The main focus this week was Anthony and Iara. It was a race to the finish line with their baptism because at the last minute Iara started having a really hard time to quit smoking and her exhusband suddenly got back in the picture. We visited them every day. She is such a cute lady. We got there and she always had something fresh out of the oven for us to eat. One day she made us lasagna, the next meat stuffed pancakes, and the day of the interview she ordered pizza. They both made it in the end and it was an awesome baptism. There were a ton of people there including Anthony´s dad who was against the whole thing but in the end went to show his support for his son. They are super integrated with the ward too. Iara has already read all the the books that have been given to her (Principles of the Gospel, Daughters in His Kingdom, etc.) and she is devouring O Livro de Mórmon. She is totally the next releif society president.

One of our worries was that we wouldn´t have very many people to teach after the baptism but miraculously a ton of people that we had never met before showed up and they are all really interested! Families!

During the week a bunch of suprises showed up at our door. The mission office bought us a bunch of stuff for our house: new washing machine and new beds! We have absolutely no time during the week to do anything in house so today we spent the whole morning doing home improvement. We threw out a ton of old furniture that we aren´t using, including a moldy old bed frame that scared me to death when I lifted up the cover. We put in all the new stuff and cleaned up a bit. It was needed.

Anyway, I didn´t get transferred! I´m so happy. Elder Christensen are putting together a December to Remember with a ton of families to be baptized and I will spend Christmas in an area where I actually know and love the people. This year is going to be so much better than last!

Stay cool,
Elder Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment