2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011 Referrals of Gold

Dear Everyone,

Remember how last week I told you that we got some referrals on Sunday? Well turns out these people are super elect and we are going to baptism two of them this week! Artur and Vitor!

Artur is a 16 year old who is good friends with recent convert Marcelo. Artur loved Church and when we went to visit him after he said, "I really want to serve a mission. Do I need to get baptized before I can go?" Haha! It was awesome! He has so much desire. He suffers from a learning disability and he feels really limited by his own comprehension (sp?) of things. He wants to go alot fast than his brain legs are carrying him. It is so cool that he has so much desire. When we went to teach him the word of wisdom he said he had never drunken coffee in his life because he didn´t like it and didn´t feel like it was something that was good for him. Elect? We are also teaching his mom and sister. His mom Vera is really open but we can´t teach her as much because she works so she´ll be for December. When we asked her how she thought she could get an answer she said, "Well the only way to actually feel like the baptism is right is by doing it so I don´t think I would ever really know unless I get baptized." Is sister is kind of a stinker. Her name is Sthefanie, yes that is how you spell it. She says she Catholic even though she never goes to church.

Vitor is our other miracle. He is the little brother of Pamela, one of the young women in the ward. He is super shy and is 8 years old but is really smart. His mom was never baptized but has a testemony that the church is true, so she is helping him a lot and even taught him how to pray and is reading and explaining the Book of Mormon to him. She can´t be baptized at the moment because she recently got back together with her ex and they aren´t married. He couldn´t come to church this week but sent us a message saying that even though he didn´t got to church this week he still wants to be baptized on Saturday.

This week we had a ton of work to do. We are teaching a few good families that we are trying to prepare for a 'December to Remember' and so we are running all over the place. The familiy that is progressing the most is Antonio, Zenita, Caroline, and Joyce. They are super good but the thing with families is that everyone seems to progress at different rates. The whole family went to church this week for the first time. Antonio loved it because he feels like religion today has turned into a big marketing scheme and he didn´t feel like The Church of Jesus Christ should be a business. Zenita is interesting. She loves us so much but doens´t really understand that we are there for the whole family, not just the kids. Caroline makes me a little nervous. She is a really beautiful young woman who for some reason always tries to sit next to me on their couch. Last night was way funny because I sat down and she sat next to me again. I was pretty much glued at the arm of the couch trying to sit as far away from her as possible. Then my comp sat on the other side of the room (laughing at me) and I said, "I have to sit next to him." Then I almost fell off the couch. Joyce is pretty much a spaz and loved playing the primary. We are planning on going to the Cartorio to mark a wedding date this week. We are trying to establish a baptismal date for Christmas Eve with them so cross your fingers.

Happy to report that our recent converts Iara and Anthony are super integrated and everyone in the ward loves them! Iara is already participating fully in Releif Society which is a miracle (Releif Society is pretty much a make or brake investigators thing in Brasil, maybe even the world, because most of the woman are straight up crazy). They are in the ward choir and everything. It´s awesome!

Hm... What else interesting happened this week? I don´t really know. We are working so much that all the days kind of just melt together. Anyway, that´s it then. Love you all!

Elder M.W. Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment