2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20, 2010

Hey Todas Pessoas!
So one more week down and let´s just say I am growing increasingly more aware of time down here. haha. But things are still going really well. E. Abernethy and I are teaching in Português now and we are getting better every time! It´s like watching hair grow, you don't notice that you are making progress until you can actually hold a conversation with a Brazilian. Irmão Carboni called me a Brasiliero so I´m feeling pretty good, but I still have a long way to go.
On to the events of the past week... last P-day our district wasn't scheduled for the temple so we just chilled the whole day. We went out and I got some Coke Light (Diet Coke) and it lasted me a couple days.
We went to the Federal Police to register our visas. It was way cool and they had these really techno machines that scanned our hands and everything! It was like being in a Jason Bourne movie! And I´m not being deported so that´s awesome!
My life has gone music crazy! So I'm in charge of putting together a song for our sacrament meeting in a few weeks and who´d of thought that no missionaries can play 'Called to Serve'? AND I´ve been asked to direct the MTC Choir in a few weeks and they want all my info right away so I have to figure out what the heck I´m going to do. I think I might do an acapella version of 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives'. AND E. Abernethy and I are writing a song together. So music central right now.
The weather is pretty crazy down here too. It was raining for three days straight and now it´s super hot. Weird. The Brazilians are saying it´s weird too so right on. I guess it just followed me from Utah.
We got our new AP and it´s E. Wilkinson. I was kinda jealous but he knows the white handbook from cover to cover so I´m okay with it. He will be a great AP. And I´ll have a better opportunity out in the field anyway.
District 21A left today and I am way sad! They are such cool guys and they are our districts closest friends. I´m happy for them though cause they are going to do great and we´re going to stay in touch.
Well... that´s about all the news I have for you guys. Not a very exciting week. No news is good news I guess, or just the monotony of the CTM. haha! Love you all! Keep up the letters and emails, in fact send me more! No pressure. :P
From your favorite missionary,
Elder T

--
"Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction" - JFK

No comments:

Post a Comment