2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2010 One Month In

Wow! I feel so loved right now! I am so grateful for all the letters and emails and I´m going to do my best to write everyone back! Keep them coming. Oh and Katie T is definitely in the lead right now for the package and the snickers and starburst AND all the letters! I can´t believe I´ve already been gone a month (well in 3 days it will have been a month)! I just have 23 more! haha I´ve been told the best way to count down is by Fast Sundays. So I have some congrats to send out: Paige Elizabeth Neff! Mr. Culter hit the nail right on the head with you. I´m so happy to hear about your engagement! Add 2 kids in the next 2 years and you´ll be set when I get home! And Scott! Congratulations on the mission call! I freaked out when I first found out! I am so excited for you and know that you will do an awesome job!

So life down here is pretty much the same. We just go through the same schedule everyday. The days move slowly but the weeks fly. This past week had some interesting stuff though!

Every Wednesday is pizza night down here. Yeah, the CTM built a brick oven in the back so we have pizza a lot. It´s not the same as the pizza back home but it´s still pretty good. I always eat way to much and feel sick afterwards. But I´m still being good about watching my weight. I weighed myself this morning and I´ve lost 13 lbs! Get ready ladies cause when I get back you all are going to be wanted a piece of Mac Daddy! haha!

The other day Elder Abernethy and I translated some hinos (hymns) during our study time and the Português words are so much better than the English! I love the hymns down here.

We got some new Brazilian Elders in our room and they are way nicer than the ones who left last week! They are Elder Gonçalves and Elder Castro Silva. They always help us with the language and they know some English so we talk a lot.

The biggest thing that happened this week would have to be our baptism by fire on Friday. Our district has been falling a little behind because Irmão Carboni has been gone (he´s back for good finally) and we all got a little complacent. So they administration sent in the big guy... literally. Irmão Peçanha is this huge black dude who is way smart and has a voice like Mufasa from the Lion King. He spent 4 hours doing activities with us to show us how missionaries should be and kinda throwing us under the bus with some language activities. In the end it was definitely a wake up call for most of our district. We definitely had some problems and they got fixed. We are learning machines now.

On Sunday I spoke in Sacrament Meeting about hope. I think I did well. I had written a talk but when I got up to the stand I decided to just wing it and follow the Spirit. It turned out really well and everyone complimented me on how well it went. It made me feel good.

I helped Elder Lund pull a prank on Elder Larrot (the AP) and Elder Lund totally sold me out and said the whole thing was my idea! Now Elder Larrot has sworn revenge on me but he´s leaving next week so he better get to it. haha

Things are going really well down here and I miss you all so much! I really took so many of you for granted and I definitely love you all more than I can say! Stay strong and everything will turn out for the best!

Yours truly,
Elder T

--
"Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction" - JFK

No comments:

Post a Comment