2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

3 weeks and time is beginning to fly

3 weeks down! Wow time is beginning to fly! So funny story... the whole not hearing from anyone thing... Turns out minha familia sent a letter the first week BUT they sent it to my mission home and not the CTM (Centro Treinamento Missionario) so I didn´t get it til yesterday! Luckily my mission president did the devotional on Sunday and he was kind enough to bring it over. He is such a nice guy and his wife was so cool! That is a huge blessing. Their devotional was amazing also.

I´m loving all the emails and letters from all of you guys! It means a lot! (Reminder: I can´t email anyone back unless they are direct family so please give me your address.) I´m sorry to hear that you guys took down the trampoline, such memories. I really got emotionally reading that. That with Independence Day really kicked me with some homesickness but I´m good. Having Independence Day on a fast Sunday was não bom.

So things of note: I got a haircut with the CTM barber the other day and he did not speak English... I´m kind of a fuzz ball right now. haha! I had a terrible canker sore so the CTM doctor have me some baking powder to help it heal and told me to put it on ever other hour. It was in a plastic bag so it looked like I was carrying around a bag of drugs!

Our amazing instructor Irmão Carboni has been out for a while because he is having some serious kidney stone problems. He told us the first one was 8mm! Anyway he´s been in and out of the hospital because his surgery gave him internal bleeding. I have been praying for him and our whole district is really worried. He is an amazing guy! He stopped by the other day and told us everything and it was hilarious! He called his doctor the Penis Man! At least he can laugh about it!

We got a new elder in my district named Elder Maner. He seems pretty cool but he´s kinda quite. I guess it would be awkward moving into an already established group.

My district kolobs so much! If you are unfamiliar with the term don´t worry, neither was I. It means to talk about doctrine that is so obscure that it does´t really matter. For example, last night we spend an hour and half talking about all the prophecies of the end of days. Real productive! haha! It´s really funny most of the time.

I´m getting better at the Português and Elder Abernethey are rocking our teaching practices so right on! I love you all so much and hope everything is going well! Please keep up the letters and emails!

Muito Amor!
Elder Taggart

--
"Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction" - JFK


No comments:

Post a Comment