2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011 Almost at the Finish Line

Dear Everyone,

Holy Cow this last week was a world of changes here in my area and in the zone. First off, like I said Elder Arnaud was transfered... tear... and on Tuesday I got my new companion! Elder J. Melo! We have the exact same time on the mission and as zone leaders and we are already working really well together. He is from Manaus, capital of the Amazonas. He has native ancestors so he looks a little like an Indian. My camera is a little broken so I can´t send any pics to show.

Wednesday we had district meeting. Elder Ferris the new district leader had to renew his visa so I conducted the meeting and suprise! Pres. Pinho showed up to watch our meeting. It was pretty good. I talked about how marking a person for baptism gives them a vision of where they want to go and how they are going to get there. Something cool also happened. President asked us to print off some graphics for the meeting and we were already late to start. I had to choose to say no or to just do it. What did I do? I ran... to the LAN house and printed the papers and ran back. Pres. Pinho keeps saying that I was the most obedient of all the leaders in the mission and he keeps talking about what happened with the whole mission. It´s a little embarrasing but also good to get a little recognition.

This week was all about Cibele! She is freaking elect! Seriously she was the easiest person to baptize until now on my mission. She didn´t have any difficulties. The Lord truly helped us so much by sending her our way because all of our baptisms fell through at the beginning of the month and we would have had 0 but because of her we didn´t go without. She was so ready and when we were finishing up the teaching we asked her way she wanted to be baptized and she said that she saw something in the families of the church that she had never seen before. She said she had never seen such unity and love and that that was exactly what she had been looking for her entire life. She is engaged to a young man who is leaving on his mission in a few months, he´s lucky because she is really beautiful too. haha!

Getting the baptism ready was a little difficult because there was a stake young mens young womens dance the same day and time and we had worked out with the leaders to use the baptismal font and room but at the last minute they changed on us and made the baptismal room a dressing room for the girls. We did the meeting in the Family History Room and then when it was the part of the baptism we had to kick all the girls out for a few minutes. In the end it was super good. At the end of the meeting everyone talked about their baptisms and their testimony. I really well so it was cool to share it with everyone. They all freaked out when I said I was baptized in the Tabernacle.

We also got some really great news about Sergio and Durvalina. They marked the wedding date! Durvalina can finally be baptized after the wedding! This is going to be awesome and we are going to work hard to make it a day to remember for them.

That´s it for this week! I hope everyone is well. I´m praying for you all... so you better be praying for me! haha! Until next week!

Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment