2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 Egg Hunt


E ai Gente!?!

Well happy Easter to you all! I hope you all stuffed yourselves silly with chocolate bunnies! Here the tradition is giant chocolate eggs. Also during the holy week most people only eat fish so we ate so much fish last week that I almost couldn´t look at one on Easter.

We had an unofficial egg hunt against the elders of Ranieri this week aka trying to get people to buy us chocolate eggs. We didn´t get a single one the whole week! How many did the other elders get? 6! I had given up hope to receive one but Easter Sunday my companion and I both received eggs (see photo). Maybe now that the holiday is over people will buy us some because they are cheaper.

Man we fought for baptisms this week. Maria José and Alice were both marked for baptism Sunday night but neither worked out. Alice disappeared and when we finally got a hold of her it was too late to mark an interview and she didn´t go to church. Maria José was a little more complicated. She has had a really difficult life and loves the difference that has occurred in her life. Our District Leader showed up for the interview and almost ruined everything (a story too long to tell) and in the end she didn´t pass and has to be interviewed by Pres. Jackson. Maria will be baptized on the 7th and we´re not sure if Alice is still firm.

I was so freakin sick this week. It was ridiculous! I was coughing and sneezing and I couldn´t sleep. The weather is a little crazy right now because we´re moving into winter so that didn´t help at all. I finally got medicine on Friday and now I´m a lot better. I still have the sniffles but I´m not coughing nearly as bad.

Let´s see what else happened? We received a greeny american in our zone! His name is Elder Crandall from Washington state. It´s so funny to see how lost the new missionaries are and to think that I was like that 8 months ago.

This next week is going to be way busy. We have Zone Leader Council, Leadership Training and a special meeting with.... drum roll please... Elder Hallstrom from the Presidency of the Seventy. Should be exciting. I´ll have a lot to talk about next week.

Anyway I love you all!

Elder MacLane Taggart
--

No comments:

Post a Comment