2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011 Love Thy Neighbor


Hey Everyone!


This week really flew by so I don´t really remember much to tell you all. I just have 2 major events from the week that might be entertaining.


Firstly, I believe in miracles! Parelheiros is going through a down period right now and the work is really tough. We had people getting ready for baptism this month but they both fell through the first week so we´ve been pretty sure we wouldn´t meet our baptismal goal for the month. Then we had something amazing happen. Katia is an investigator who lives with her member 'husband' (he is actually married to another woman who lives back in my old area Grajaú) and she smokes so she isn´t able to be baptized but she brought her son Felipe to church last week and when we visited them he said he wants to be baptized as soon as possible so we marked him for this Saturday. We´ve been visited him everyday to teach him everything and help him. One day, José Dias (member 'husband') told us his son Gilson still hasn´t been baptized so we marked him too for this Saturday! God definitely knows that I am going crazy so I think he threw me a bone. I believe!


The other interesting event of the week has to do with our new neighbors. They moved in a week or two ago and they like to have parties. All of our windows open into their yard so it´s kind of awkward every night when we get home. I guess one of the other neighbors complained because they have put up a huge sign in front of their house that says, "If you don´t have friends or anything to do, please don´t interrupt other people´s fun." (followed by an abbreviated swear word).


Anyway, I´ve recieved a request to talk a little more about normal day life here in Parelheiros. We live next to a health clinic and the bus station. Our area is huge so we use the bus almost everyday to get to lunch or to make a visit. Their are tons of hills (mountains) in my area so we walk (hike) several miles per day. It is super hot right now so I sweat like a sinner in church all day, everyday. I have to do laundry a lot and it is freakin´ hard in Brasil so I spend a lot of time scrubbing my shirts. I´ve come up with a pretty good top ramen recipe. Cook the top ramen until it´s almost done then drain it, put a little oil in the pot and put the pasta back in. Add the flavor pack and an egg and mix it until the egg is cooked. You can add canned vegitables too (vegis come in a box here). It´s pretty good. I don´t really know what specifically people want to know so if you have a request send me an email.


I love you all and send you my best wishes. Thank you for the prayers, they are needed and appreciated. The work is difficult but the Lord is blessing his missionaries all around the world. I know that we all have problems and weakness but through Chirst we can overcome any obstacle. I would not trade this time I have for anything.


Sincerely,
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment