2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010 Snakes!






Hello World!
Well, another week has come and gone. I´m realizing more and more that life is actually moving on back home while my life is basically on pause, friends are leaving, others are coming home, some are even getting married, school has started, wow! But really my life isn´t on pause, it´s more like I´ve paused my old life and put a new one in to play. Things are so different here but it´s exciting and new and I know I´m being blessed.
Anyway, as for the past week. First off, I didn´t realize yesterday was 9-11 until E. Orton called and was playing ´Proud to be an American´ over the phone. Thank you to all the members of the armed forces that are willing to give up everything for the principles our country stands on.
I had ´treinimento missionario novo` this past week. It was actually way fun. I saw a bunch of the guys from district 25A (CTM district) and we all are in the same boat as far as the language (which is getting better everyday, by the way) and we are all a lot tanner. The training basically centered on how to plan effectively and I learned a lot. Sister Jackson made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Peanut butter is really rare down here so it was a treat.
The language is getting better. E. Tibbs just throws the lessons to me at random times during our visits and I´ve been able to teach and talk to the people. I´m starting to understand most of what people are saying and I´m able to participate in meetings and stuff. It´s cool to see how far I´ve come, from thinking I was all that in the CTM, to wanting to cry when I first got out here, and now seeing my progress. I can look forward to being even better! E. Tibbs said people like me like to express themselves in Português so right on.
I´m really getting into planning. I´m in charge of planning from now on because 1- I need to be able to handle the area next transfer and 2- E. Tibbs is a bit trunky. haha. But my plans have usually worked out so I think that is one of my strengths.
We have been working really hard to find new investigators. Some of our current investigators and losing interest and others just won´t keep commitments so we need new people badly. We have been spending 2 hours everyday just looking for new people and it seems like we find a few people who are interested everyday so let´s hope our pool of investigators started to grow.
I had my first SNAKE! Snake is a term the missionaries and the church members use to describe girls that go after the American missionaries. It was when we were visiting Nila and she invited a friend to come listen. This girl was like 25 and the whole visit she just kept asking about what we thought of Brasil and Brasilian women and such. At the end of the lesson she finally asked if we were allowed to have girlfriends here! haha it was so funny!
I tried to bake a cake last night because we are pretty much out of money for the rest of the week and we have little food in our house. I didn´t have a recipe so I kinda just threw stuff together. It wasn´t a complete disaster though! It just turned out to be more of a big muffin than a cake. haha!
Well that´s all I really have to report for this week. Hope everything is well back home. I love you all! The gospel is true and it can change people´s lives. I´ve already seen it happen.
Your Missionary,
Elder MacLane W Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment