2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010



Hey Everyone!

Wow no emails or letters? Seriously? Was there some sort of apocalypse or something? Just so people know they can email me, I just can´t email back so I´ll write them a letter if they give me their address. My email is maclane.taggart@myldsmail.net. Why have I not gotten anything from home yet?

Anyway, things are going super great down here in Brazil! We have been learning a ton every day. Irmão Carboni went out sick for the week cause he had to have emergency surgeory on his kidney. He´s coming back tomorrow so it´s all good.

Well... there isn´t really anything to report. Nothing too exciting happened down here. The city is still in World Cup fever. I heard the US lost so that´s too bad. My district is a lot of fun, but we talk about the most random stuff and it sometimes gets out of control. Like we talk about politics A LOT!!! Normally that wouldn´t bother me but most of them don´t know what they are talking about so I just get mad everytime. And we had a conversation about "Utah Mormons" that made me mad too. Most of the kids in my district aren´t from Utah and they say that Utah Mormons are super judgemental and have never really had to test their faith. I´m definitely not like that and I´m from Utah so stereotype destroyed.

Elder Abernethy and I are doing really well in our teaching. We just kinda get each other so when we are teaching it works really well and we know what we are talking about so that takes away a lot of the pressure.

I guess I can tell you guys about my everyday life down here. We get up at 6:30 and have to be to breakfast by 7. Breakfast is not something to look forward too. It´s bologna and cheese sandwiches every morning without fail. Then we have personal study til 8:30 and class with Irmão Carboni til noon. Then we have lunch. Lunch is the biggest meal of the day here in Brazil so it´s always good in the CTM. There are always two meats, rice and beans, salads, fresh fruit, and all the guarana you can drink! It´s hard to control myself. haha. Anyway, after lunch we have class with Irma Gaspar til 4:30 then companion study then dinner. After dinner we have gym (we usually just play basketball, it´s against the rules to play soccer at any time while on a mission in Brazil). Then it´s Missionary Directed Time, planning, and bed. So I am really busy every day and I get really tired every so often, but I´m adjusting well.

If I misspelled anything in the email I´m sorry. The Português is really messing with my English. If there is anything specific you´re dieing to know just shoot me an email and I´ll tell you what I can. I hope to hear from home soon and hope everything is going well! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write me and email me! I want to know what´s going on. Feel free to send me some typed or written love whenever!

Peace out!
Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment