2 Nephi 22: 2,3

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010 TchauGrajau, Ola Parelheiros

Well hi there world,



This week was pretty good and interesting!



Things were going as normal for the first part of the week, making our normal visits and preping Derrick for his baptism on Saturday, then Thursday came around and everything changed. We´ve been waiting for two big suprises here, the Mission Christmas Conference and the transfer. Both were secret so no one knew, well a bunch of people didn´t know, when they would be. Then we got up Thursday morning and everyone in our zone called asking if which of us had been transferred. We didn´t get a call from the secretaries so we didn´t know. We called them and they asked to talk to me and they told me that I was transferred and to bring my bags to the Mission Christmas Conference the next day! Crazyness!



I spent Thursday visiting all the people I baptized in Grajaú and getting all my bags ready. It was sad. I cried when I talkd to Derrick because I told him about how he has to be the man for his family and that his decisions now will shape the rest of his life. My bags were ridiculously heavy because I had wet clothes. Irma Ieda made me a box of Pão de Mel to say bye.



Friday morning we got a ride to the mission office for the activity and pretty much half the mission was transferred so it was crazy. The Christmas Conference was awesome. They had each zone present a different witness of the birth of Christ. Ours was Isabel and then I sang 'What Child is This?' in portuguese. Then we had a mission talent show and a turkey lunch. Then we listened to Pres. Monson´s Christmas message and got a present for the Jackson family.



The transfer was right after the conference. I was transferred to Parelheiros in Casa Grande which is pretty close to Grajaú. My new comp´s name is Elder Alves de Oliveira. He is pretty cool but we only have a few days so I don´t really know him well yet. We´re going to have to work really hard here because we have few investigators and the area is huge. It´s way green and spread out so it´s way different than my first area.



We had the ward christmas party on Saturday night so I meet a ton of people there.



Well, that´s the week. I´ll have more to talk about when I get better settled in here.



Feliz Natal!

Elder MacLane Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment